Cardiff & Met 4 : 3 Isca

Cardiff & Met came from behind for the second week running as
they scored two goals in four minutes to clinch a late win over Isca.

Cardiff & Met started strongly and
following a number of circle entries, the home side earnt an early penalty
corner. A well disguised drag-flick from Ieuan Davies hit the Isca defender on
the goal-line and Jack Pritchard duly converted the penalty stroke in the 6th minute
for his 4th goal of the season.

Isca responded almost immediately with
a penalty stroke of their own to make the score 1-1 and despite having large
amounts of possession, Cardiff & Met struggled to create any clear-cut
chances and the two sides headed into half-time with honours even.

The home side burst out of the traps following the interval and took the lead courtesy of a close-range
finish from Ronan Taggart, who calmly placed a flick over the shoulder of the
onrushing goalkeeper.

Despite taking a 2-1 lead, Cardiff
& Met were unable to extend it further as they squandered a number of good
opportunities. They were soon made to pay, as Alf Dinnie was adjudged to have
cynically fouled an Isca attacker and was punished with a yellow card, much to
the bemusement of the home fans.

Jon Wright equalised from the resulting
penalty corner for his 2nd goal of the match and Isca then took the lead
against the run of play seven minutes later, after Cardiff & Met failed to
clear a loose ball in their own circle.

However, this seemed to kick-start the
home side into life and after a continued spell of pressure, Isca were reduced to
nine men after yellow cards were shown to Thomas Whitworth and Jamie Cooke, the
latter somewhat harshly.

Cardiff & Met looked to take advantage and after a number of unsuccessful penalty corners, the Isca
defence was finally breached when Ieuan Davies was first to a rebound in the 66th minute
to make the score 3-3.

The home side continued to pile forward, seemingly not content with a draw, and they were rewarded for
their efforts as Ioan Wall got the final touch on another scrappy penalty
corner in the 69th minute to make it 4-3 and seal the three
points for the Welsh team.

Next up// Cardiff & Met travel to
the University of Birmingham on Saturday 11th November (5pm

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.